Tell me why do you exercise?

Why do you exercise?
Do you love it? Does it make you feel good, look good?
Do you exercise to lose weight, or are you training for a specific goal?

Ooooops! I didn't hear that ...
I was talking with one of my clients about keeping up motivation to keep going and her comments to me were that it was easy for me because I love exercise. Yes, she is right, I love to exercise .. But there are times when I don't love it so much.

If I don't love it all the time then why do I keep it up?

I exercise for all of the things I have mentioned above. 
I feel good after finishing a workout or achieving my goal.
Yes, exercise has helped me change my body shape .. I'm still working on it but I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.
Yes, I have used exercise to help me lose weight ... I could probably do a bit more about my diet ... well, let's leave that there shall we!
Yes, I have trained for a specific goal .. In my younger years I completed quite a number of triathlons and last year I completed my 6th half marathon.  

My current reason for keeping up my exercise routine ...

Number one .. my health and fitness.  I want to set an example for my kids and my clients.  At the moment my focus at training is to do what I enjoy and will help me maintain or improve both my health and fitness. 
Next up, I really do enjoy it and how it makes me feel.  If I haven't exercised for a week or so I start to feel a bit cramped and stiff and well, blah.

So, tell me, why do you exercise? 
Is it one of the reasons I listed above or have you got your own reasons?


Vicki x

8 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think I like how exercise makes me feel - darn good :)

Samantha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's annoying when people say it's easy because you love it! I love exercising too and running and weight training...but like you said, it's never easy. Not for anyone, not even for elite athletes. It takes hard work and dedication. Period. I exercise because I love it, I'm aiming for goals (accomplishing them too!) and it's a must for a healthy lifestyle. It's like saying why do you drink water? Because you have to!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It really is a great feeling isn't Liz .. buzz and accomplishment at the same time!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're right Samantha .. it takes hard work and dedication! Totally impressed that you are accomplishing your goals .. complete dedication there! Love it!

Hazel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Being fit really makes you beautiful. Just like in my case I was too fat after I gave birth, I felt awkward meeting new acquaintances so I realized that I need to discipline myself by eating the right food and do some exercises.

@donnaandtora.com

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Some exercise I do because I enjoy it. Other exercise because it's 'what I do' and I'm in a bit of a routine with it.

And... there's also a guilt thing lurking in the back of my head reminding me that I SHOULD exercise!

Deb

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think we're all a bit the same Deb, some exercise we do because we enjoy .. other, we know that we should. As long as it's mostly enjoy that makes it easier!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are right Hazel, exercise can certainly make you feel beautiful both inside and out