Happy Mother's Day...

A day late I know, but I had quite the busy day!

I had been looking forward to this day all week. No, not because I might receive a fabulous gift or two.

I was planning a serious sleep in! No alarms!

I did get woken up earlyish by Mr 6 in bed with us, but he was not interested in Mother's Day. He just came in to let us know he was going down to watch TV.   Priorities I guess.
Miss 10 remembered though and came in for cuddles as soon as she woke up ( at 7.30, I got my sleep in ).
After some careful planning and direction from Miss 10 I was allowed to see some little gifts that the children had for me .. I was a bit lucky! Sorry, nothing fitness related here! Not today, today is girly presents for me!  Here's a couple of my loot ...

This may not be a good idea living on the kitchen bench ...
I may or may not have selected scarf myself ... well, I needed red ..

After a suitable amount of time cuddling ( 30 seconds ) my gorgeous babies headed off to watch more TV .. or so I thought until I heard the coffee machine being heated up!  Oh yeah!  The kids made coffee and toast for a quick breakfast!  We were heading over to my sister's for brunch with mum so we didn't want to spoil our appetites.  Good thing too ... check out this spread!  Yes, I may run an extra few kilometres this week to compensate! 



After quite a bit of sitting around doing nothing other than chatting we headed home.
Mr FitMum's mum was coming over for a light dinner.  Yes, I cooked, but I'm OK with that because I love it. 

I have had such a lovely relaxing day with the family it's sad for it to end.  Well, there's always next year!

How was your mother's day?

Vicki x


0 comments: