Weekly Challenge ...

While there are many things that I would like to include in my weekly challenges, I feel that at the moment I am going to keep my focus on the basics .. once I get these down, I'll get a bit more adventurous!

This week my challenge is going to be the same as the one that many other people face ... I've been thinking a bit about it since I wrote my Monday Motivation ... Consistency.  All too often we start out on a new exercise program or diet only to fall off the wagon in the first few days or week.  Something comes up and throws us off track .. it all then seems too hard and we don't get back on the wagon.  I'm not quite at this stage, however, I will say that my consistency has been lacking a bit lately.  Not so much with my training but with my diet ... I know, I seem to be mentioning it a lot!  

All things considered, I really do have a healthy, balanced diet .. where I do get a bit sidetracked are the weekends.  Friends over one day, family the next .. or in the case of this week .. friends over, baby showers, birthday lunches, birthday parties ... looking back I feel like I've been eating for a week!  And you know what .. I'm the one who hasn't kept an eye on it and kept myself under control.  And I'm paying the price!  

After this last week, I really must get back some consistency to my clean eating ... everyday, every meal .. maintain consistency and I will be back on track.  It's all about choice .. my choice!

On the training front ... I maintain my consistency if not the intensity that I normally train at.  Some days it might just mean I take the dog for a walk, but I am keeping up the routine.

I've taken the first step and accepted that I'm to blame for not making the right choices, when the option was there to make them.  Now I'm going to be the one to get myself back to where I want to be.   I'm going to get there by being consistent ... by eating clean and keeping up regular training.

It's all about choice .. my choice .. and I've made it!  I know I call these my weekly challenges .. but they are not weekly .. I am introducing these changes into my life one week at a time .. that way they are going to hang around and continue to be part of my life and my lifestyle!

My life, my body, my choice!
Your life, your body, your choice!

Stay focused,  Stay strong
Fit Mum x  


     

2 comments:

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been thinking about this a lot over the week as well. I really went nuts when I went camping with my son's xcountry team and ate loads of pizza and quesadillas and such.
But the weird thing is, it made getting back to my clean diet more appealing in the end, because I feel much better when I eat well.
So maybe we should fall off the wagon every once in a while, as long as we are able to get back on of course!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the 'consistency' theme this week. Consistency has been ringing in my ears all week and I'm pleased that I have put your words into practice. Look out for a Fit Mum inspired post from me tomorrow.