Coconut Oat Energy Slice ...

Are you sometimes stuck for a healthy and yummy snack? You know I have one for you!
This is a recipe that I have been making for years. I don't think I have ever made it the same more than once, except the last few times where I seem to have managed to combine the right things at the right time!

I like to have this slice on hand particularly when I'm doing a bit of running first thing in the morning. I do wake up some mornings a little hungry and couldn't imagine doing my run with my tummy grumbling! So I have a small slice before I run .. just enough to tide me over until I can have my usual breaky after my run.

If you are worried about the calorie number, then this may not be the slice for you! Whilst it is packed with healthy ingredients they do make it a high calorie snack ... albeit a good healthy snack!

Coconut Oat Energy Slice

What you need ...


1 cup oats
1 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup craisins
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons pepitas
2 eggs
125g coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup agave syrup

What you do ...

Preheat oven to 150C for fan forced oven.
Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a separate jug or bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
Press into baking tray and bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Once cooled slice into serving size pieces. Store in airtight container.





0 comments: