What I ate Wednesday ...

I'd love to share something exciting with you today .. maybe a new recipe that I have tried or a new food that I have been checking out ... but in the last week I really haven't had much happening on the experimental or even cooking front. 

Oh wait!  I whipped up a batch up Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Icing for my mother in law's birthday on Saturday.  I will add here that I quality tested the mixture for both the cupcakes and the icing at several times throughout the baking process and I will admit to feeling rather ill from the ingestion of sugar by the end of the day ... no really, I had to ensure the quality was high!!

Not my best effort but they tasted good!
But anyway, back to what I ate today ...

Breakfast was my usual oats with the trimmings ... I like oats, they work for me, don't judge.

I was out and about a bit today so at morning snack time I was very luxurious and stopped for coffee and banana bread with my in laws!  Banana bread is a favourite and I don't have it very often, not even when I make it at home, so this was quite the treat!

I made it home for a late lunch today and I didn't realise how hungry I was until I drove in the driveway.  Quick and easy for me!  I always keep a stash of heat 'em up soups in the cupboard for just this occasion ... the fact that it has been freezing all day made soup the perfect choice!


A cup of peppermint tea this afternoon was nice and warm in my tummy as I didn't feel like much more after a late lunch.

There's not much exciting that you can do with chicken and veg, which is what dinner consisted of tonight.  I tricked it up a bit with honey soy marinade and some sesame seeds .. so Nigella of me!   I'm afraid I was not feeling the culinary creativity today!

 
What did you have to eat today? 
I would love to see a pic of it ... head over to instagram and hashtag your pic #wiaw, #whatiatewednesday, #fitmumsfood.  That way I can get some great ideas from you!



2 comments:

Jodie:-) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Brekky was my usual broccoli,passion fruit, apple, orange, mandarine. Then oats and banana.
Green tea and a handful of almonds at the shops while the kiddies tucked into a donut.
Lunch was a chicken and very basic salad.
Carrot sticks and a little hommus
Dinner was salmon and corn, beans and cauliflower.
Grapes and watermelon for dessert:-)
Healthy little girl today.
A 6klm walk/jog this morning and weights in the arv!
No wonder I feel so fantastic:-)

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Jodie:-) Great work Jodie!