What I'm eating Wednesday ...

Just a quickie today as I'm supposed to be doing other stuff .. like houseworky type things that I keep procrastinating over ..

I have had a few requests to put up the recipe I use for a quick snack of protein balls.  I will confess that I found this recipe on Ironmum Karla's blog here and it is such a HUGE hit in this house that it is on a regular cycle .. at least fortnightly!

Ironmum Karla's Yummy Bliss Balls 

What you need ....

250gm dates
1/2 cup water
2 scoops Body for Women protein powder ( I used chocolate flavour)
100gm of LSA mix (linseed, sunflower and almonds)
2 tbs cacao powder
2 tbs chia seeds
100gm shredded coconut
sesame seeds to coat


What you do ...
Bring the dates to boil with the water until mushy and water is absorbed
Once cooled, add the rest of the dry ingredients to the dates and combine
Using hands roll into small balls and then once they are all done, roll in the sesame seeds
place in an airtight container and store in the freezer (they won't actually freeze)
These balls are full of antioxidants (chia seeds), omega-3 (LSA mix), gluten free and high in protein.

When I make them it all depends on what is in the cupboard but I generally have all the ingredients.  I don't always have any LSA so I have also used half ground almonds and half crunched up almonds .. so it you like them crunchy there's your option.  I don't always coat them .. there's no way my kids would eat the sesame seeds so they are out!  But I've used coconut .. I tell myself I'm eating chocolate truffles but they're kinda good for me!

Give them a go .. they are great to put in as a treat for the kids lunches or if you need an on the go snack.  I have them as my sweet dessert treat at night!

Thanks Ironmum Karla!!


Vicki x


 




0 comments: