Menu Planning Monday ...


It's a public holiday here in Brisbane and let me just mention that it has not been the type of day you would like to get out and celebrate the extra day off .. unless you were a duck .. or a polar bear ...

I've decided that it will be the perfect time for me to sit and plan some yummy meals for the week. And seeing as it is school holidays I don't have to think about the easy to prep options.

Here's what we are having this week ...


While I'm in the kitchen, let me share with you what else I got up to while the weather was dodgy outside ...




I made strawberry jam .. the strawbs looked so good yesterday when I went to pick up some fresh fruit and veg that I had a sudden urge to make jam! No it's not in keeping with sugar free September, but it's not September any more! Oooops, lots of sugar! But super yum and I can't wait to mix some with my yoghurt for a snack this week.  I also whipped up a batch of pikelets to have with the jam .. but they didn't last long enough and I had forgotten to take a pic!












I also picked up a fresh coconut. We wanted to try the milk and I wanted to dry some fresh coconut. Verdict on the milk .. not so flash. The fresh coconut, not too bad.





Tonight's dinner, in keeping with World Vegetarian Day of course, is Teresa Cutter's Spinach & Ricotta tart. Check it out, it looks yum! Can't wait to taste it!




What's on your menu plan this week? Something quick and easy for school holidays or are you going gourmet?


Vicki x




2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Its Baked Tomatoes with Bacon and Corn along with rice for the evening.My son is recovering from appendix operation..so very less cheese and bacon.

resveratrol australia

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My mother's arriving later this week for a visit so I probably should plan my menu for a change!