What I ate this week ... My favourite Sugar Free Snacks

For some reason this week has been quite busy but it's Friday and I now feel like I am able to catch up with myself!

Week 2 of Sugar Free September and I'm still going strong! Hubby, however is asking how many days are left before he can eat his Father's Day chocolates!  I think he wants me to cave first!  Not likely!  I'm now at the point where nothing is really tempting me .. lollies, chocolates .. I even passed up a glass of champagne on the weekend to celebrate finishing The Stampede in one piece!

What has kept me going and helped me steer clear of the quick snacks .. other than my superman strong willpower of course ... are my go to snacks that keep me going between meals.  I would not survive if I did not eat every 3 hours!

Here are my favourites ...

*  Fruit / Nuts
*  Natural Yoghurt / Greek yoghurt.  No added sugar
   of course!
*  Combine them
*  Fruit with cottage cheese.  Not something
   everyone can do but I love it! 
*  Apple with Nut Butter ( I love the organic no
   sugar added versions )



*  Chopped veg with hummus.  I make my own.
*  Boiled eggs
*  Trail mix with a little dried fruit, nuts and
   unsweetened coconut. I also sprinkle this trail
   mix on my yoghurt or oats for breakfast.



What's your favourite healthy, nutritious snack?

How are you going with Sugar Free Septebmer?  Are you noticing any differences?





5 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Vicki

I'm not a great snacker - at all - and have a half-written post about this. Generally I'll go for something like almonds.

I'm impressed you didn't have the champagne last weekend. You're a better woman than I!!!!

Deb

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb Not everyone is a snacker but it gets me through! Dare I admit that I'd love a glass of champagne!

Nat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Vicki,
Your sgar free snacks sound fabulous. I also enjy celery and home made avocado dip :)

Keep it up!
Natalie

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Nat Thanks Nat! Mmmm avocado dip! X

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Vicki

I can't seem to find your recipe for your power balls. Would you be able to post for me? Would love to try and make them for a school holiday snack.

Thanks
Sheridan