Post-Easter Planning

We've made it to the Easter long weekend!  In our house that means spending time with family and eating hot cross buns and Easter eggs. 

Whilst I am going to be mindful of the amount of chocolate and hot cross buns I consume, I feel like I'm a bit behind the 8 ball with Easter falling at the end of March.  Two of the Fit Mum family have had birthdays this month ( me and Mr 7 ) and my niece also has her birthday in March, which means there have been a few birthday cakes consumed over the last few weeks.

This is certainly not helping my waistline, so staring Monday I'm embarking on a detox an intensive clean up of some undesirables in my diet.  Who wants to join me?  Don't panic, it's not going to be a long haul like Sugar Free September, nor will you need to drink a juice or eat soup for each meal!  Just a week of eating well and eliminating those foods that shouldn't form part of our regular healthy eating regime.

So are you in it?  You know that it will make you feel great ... get rid of that bloating from over eating and sugar cravings from over indulging.

Here's what I'm going to do ...



I'm going to eat normal food.  Lots of fresh fruit, veggies and lean protein.  I am also going to reevaluate my portion sizes .. they seem to be creeping up a bit.  Did I mention I'm not going to give up my one coffee a day ... I'm OK with that one! 

This is what I'll be cutting out ...
* sugars ... in particular I mean processed sugars.  I'll be eating fruit because there are heaps of great vitamins and minerals in fruit that we need for a healthy body and immune system, especially coming into cooler weather!
* alcohol ... try not to panic here, it's only for a week!  There's just so many extra empty calories in alcohol and it leaves you dehydrated!
* baked goods ... cakes, biscuits, hot cross buns ... I don't eat a lot of these anyway but they can creep up on you and leave you feeling blah!
* chocolate ... deep breath ... it will be fine even though there will probably be heaps left in the house. We do not need this as part of our healthy eating regime this week!


This should give us a great kick start for April, especially with the little challenge I have planned for everyone!  Check back in a few days for details of a fun challenge for April! 

What do you say?  Do you need a bit of a shake up?  Will you be joining me?

2 comments:

Kek said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a great plan. I did the same thing pre- and post-Christmas. And then went completely off the rails for the rest of January....but let's not talk about that. ;)

I'm doing a rather longer stint - slightly over two weeks- with none of that stuff and It's been good. I know that an excess of wheat causes me problems, and so does sugar overload, so I'm not sorry to be missing out on the Easter indulgences.

As for alcohol, I started Febfast and have just carried on. I really haven't missed it, so I'm aiming to go through till our wedding anniversary at the end of May... there's a bottle of Veuve Cliquot with my name on it for that occasion. :)

Deb - An Inspirational Journey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is great. I have to do this every few months just to keep myself on track. A week is all you need aye? It seems we always have to focus otherwise it is so easy to slip. Great job xx