The weekly stirfry and yoga ...

It seems that the last six weeks of school holidays have flown by and the kids have their bags packed with new school books ready to go back to school on Tuesday! 

I've been trying to get myself back into a routine this week and honestly I haven't had a huge amount of success.  Although, I don't know where the week went!  Surely I've accomplished something?

So far I've only managed 2 runs and a yoga class.  This morning's workout was rained out and where I normally workout in the garage has been cleaned out because Mr Fit Mum decided the floor needed painting!  As I type it has started pouring .. again ... maybe I'll manage some more yoga this afternoon.


My yoga class this week was with a friend of mine who is an instructor.  I've been trying to get to one of her classes for months now and it finally worked out!  And let me say, I worked out too!  It was a small class but that didn't really matter as we all worked at our own levels for the day.  I'm proud to say I managed really well.  I even held crow pose for a few seconds!  This is exciting for me as I've never been able to do this one!



I've also been trying to get back on track a little bit more with my eating.  I'm with everyone else whose eating has been less than fabulous over the last month or so!  When all else fails and my creative dinner powers are just not functioning I turn to an old favourite ... Stir Fry.  This gets a run in our house pretty regularly.  Everybody has a version of this dish in their repertoire and I thought I would share mine .. it's probably the same as yours!

Chopped veg ... I use whatever I have in the crisper.  Last night we had capsicum, carrot, snow peas and onion.
Protein ... We had chicken but you can use whatever takes your fancy!  Or whatever you have handy ..
Sauce ... Garlic, Ginger, Chilli.  How much of these depends on you and your taste.  Mix them together with about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, a squirt of hone and a tablespoon or so of water.


I'm not going to tell you how to cook a stir fry.  I'm not a chef but I think you know what you are doing! 








To finish my stir fry off I usually squeeze a fresh lime over and throw some fresh coriander if I have any and ... voila!  Dinner done and everybody eats it!
I usually serve my stir fry with some carbs, either rice or noodles as the kids and Mr Fit Mum like a little extra ... I don't always have the rice or noodles.  I just prefer to load up on the veg!

 
What's your favourite healthy, nutritious go to dinner?




3 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm struggling with a routine as well. There just seems to be so much happening!

I had my first takeaway at Hervey Bay the other night (Thai) and it was so healthy and delicious I realised I wish I could cook like that. My stir fries are NEVER like the ones I buy as takeaways! Grrrr.....

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your stir fry looks delicious, I love stir fries, think the addition of ginger and garlic make all the difference. I love to add cashews and avo if I have them:) I,m looking forward to a return to routine next week when the kids go back to school...love that yoga mat!

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like stir fries as well. Bring on school, eh?