The wash up .. and the winner too!

As you may .. or may not .. know, there has been some crazy arse weather here in the last few days.  Now, after the cyclone has passed and much of the state is flooded and in clean up mode, I will mention that it is hot .. HOT!  The humidity is at least 90% and we are drinking water by the litres .. which is a good thing! 

After I dropped the kids off at school for their first day back, I took the dogs for a walk.  They had been cooped up in the only dry spots on the deck and under the house for four days so I thought they might like a walk around the neighbourhood to see what had happened.
Thankfully we don't get any flooding where we are but the creek overflows its banks and many houses along the track have some nice ( brown ) water views!  Much of the water had moved along leaving the creek extra high.  You can see the flattened trees, bushes and silt where the water came up to.  Again, the dog park suffered from the raging, overflowing creek .. the fence is down .. again.



This is one of the trees that was knocked down along the path .. Baxter needed to leave his mark and photo bombed me!


Moving on to more important wash ups ... The winner of the iPod Shuffle giveaway is ... Robyn!!

Congratulations Robyn!  I bet your new iPod Shuffle will help you out with those long hours training for the half marathon this year! 
Robyn, please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll have your prize sent out to you.

Thanks to Fitness First for donating the iPod shuffle and thank you to those who entered.  I have a few more giveaways coming up over the next few weeks so stay tuned!  You can subscribe to have Fit Mum posts sent to you by email, just pop your email address in the subscribe box above or "like" Fit Mum on Facebook and I'll appear in your news feed!

Stay active Fit People!!

1 comments:

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Vicki, how exciting - thank you!! I can't wait for my new iPod shuffle and thank you Fitness First for donating it!