Honey and Coconut Muesli Slice

On a usual Saturday morning we are up early for swimming lessons and squad training. This means the miniature athletes in my family need a filling breakfast. I can do that.


Home from swimming and, of course, it's time for their second breakfast. Swimming does that to you.


I foresee what's going to happen next ... Give it an hour or two and they will be hungry again. This is where my endless hours of baking snacks for the kids come in. This morning I've done a favourite of theirs ... Muesli slice.  Kind of like the muesli bars you buy at the shops .. only cheaper and .. well I made them. Give them a go for your hungry miniature athletes .. or yourself cos they are pretty yummy!

Honey & Coconut Muesli Slice  
                                                                               
2 1/2 cups rolled oats                                           
1 cup rice bubbles / rice puffs
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 tbspn honey
1 tin (395g / 14oz ) sweetened
condensed milk


What you have to do with it ...


1. Preheat oven to 160C / 325F. Grease 23x32cm ( 9" x 13" ) Swiss roll pan, line base with baking paper, letting the paper hang over the long sides.


2. Combine oats, rice bubbles, coconut, nuts, honey and condensed milk in a large bowl. Press mixture firmly into the pan.


3. Bake about 40 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool slice in the pan before cutting.


4. Optional ..I drizzle some melted chocolate creatively over the top after it has cooled and before slicing!


Enjoy!

Fit Mum x   

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks delicious though I'm coeliac and can't eat oats. I guess I could replace them with something though....

Deb

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I haven't tried a gluten free version yet .. I'll let you know if I do and it's a winner!
Vic x

Dani Stevens said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These sound yum!

We are embarking on a sugar free journey so I would replace the condense milk with peanut butter and add some apple concentrate or puree with chia seeds. I also put a bit of protein powder as well as it then provides me with a good snack to go with a piece of fruit.

Same with my kids Liz, they're constantly hungry !!!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Fitness Food And Style
Kids love them! I have changed the recipe a bit here and there but haven't tried the sugar free yet. That will happen when we do Sugar Free September again!