Healthy Eating Workshop & Challenge ...

Do you "eat clean"?  Do you know what "eating clean" is all about?

There is so much hype about different types of "diets" and how you can lose 30lbs in the blink of an eye that it really is just confusing.  To be honest, I just switch off a lot of the time when someone starts talking about how they are a "clean eater" and couldn't possibly even look at a coffee made with milk let alone have it pass their lips!  And let's not even mention pasta or rice .. oops did I just say a bad word?

Personally, I prefer to call my "diet" healthy, balanced eating.  Please note that I am NOT on a diet ... A "diet" as defined by the Oxford dictionary ...

Definition of diet

noun

  •  the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats

 
therefore, I habitually eat healthy, balanced foods.  I am so over people using the word diet like it is a contagious disease, it is an entirely basic description of the foods you consume over a period of time.  As such I do not use the word unless that is the only word that describes what I am talking about.
 
OK, now that I have cleared that up, I'll move on ...
 
Clean eating, according to me, in my most basic description, goes like this ...
 
 
* Eat foods as close as possible to their natural state
* Eliminate processed foods
* Eat every 2 - 3 hours
* Eat a balance of food groups including carbohydrates, proteins and good fats
* Be aware of what the ingredients are in the foods that you are eating .. don't assume
 
This of course is just an abbreviated version of clean eating.  Everyone has a different version and everyone who "eats clean" may do so with different ideas or even "levels" if you will.  I personally am not extremely "strict" to the point of rigidness when it comes to my healthy, balanced eating.  I love food and I will enjoy different types of foods even "bad" foods ... I just choose not to eat them everyday or even every week.  Here is the general guide that I follow.
 
In July, I will be hosting a Healthy Eating Workshop & Challenge.  I know that some of you won't be able to attend in person, but you can still take part in the challenge!
 
The workshop will not be a lecture ... it will be more of a support group where wer can get together, sit down and discuss how we are going with our Healthy, Balanced eating.
 
We will be able to discuss all things healthy eating including
* tips on how to lose weight, maintain weight or even put on weight
* how to eat / fuel yourself before or after a workout
* tips on menu planning and being organised to ensure you are able to stick to healthy, balanced eating
* excuse elimination
 
I will share some of my own tips and recipes that work for me and my family. 
I hope that everyone else will also share their tips and tricks as what works for one may not necessarily work for another .. we are all individual!
 
You can find a little more about my Healthy Eating Workshop & Challenge here and here.
 
If you have any questions or would like to join me send me an email at 
 
 
 I would love to have you join us and share your tips, tricks and experiences!  The more we support each other the more fun we will have!
 
 
 

0 comments: