Taking the workout outside again!


This week Mr Fit Mum is away so I couldn't head out on one of my usual early morning runs.  After school drop off I was being a bit social out and about so I reverted to one of my outdoor workouts that is based on body weight exercises and some cardio thrown in for fun! Miss 11 had swimming training for an hour so that was heaps of time for me to work up a sweat!
 
My workout does not require any equipment so it is a great one to do at the park while the kids are on the play equipment. You can do it at home too if you can't get out!
 
This is my gym for the workout ...


 
Hello sprints ...


Occupies Mr 6 & I use for dips ...
Warm up .. Do whatever exercise you want to get the blood starting to circulate to your muscles .. 5 minutes of brisk walking or jogging will get you there.  I did laps of the oval beside the playground .. about 1km.

There are three sets of exercises .. Do each set, then repeat. I usually aim for 3 rounds of each set then a warm down. By the third set I am really having to push myself to keep the intensity up!

SET 1 .. 10 reps of each exercise
Push ups .. Make sure you stay within your ability level and focus on technique. Do them against a bench if you need a little support.
Lunges .. Keep the heel of your front foot planted on the ground and push off with that heel making sure your front knee doesn't track in front of your toes. If you feel it in your knees bring that knee back behind your front toe.
Sprints .. Or stairs .. Just 4 sets of sprints here. Not at your max but step it out!! Use a skipping rope at home and crank out 100 skips.

SET 2 .. 10 reps of each exercise
Tricep dips .. Against a bench, or a chair at home. Keep your butt close to the bench .. No cheating!
Spider-Man .. Into push up position on your toes keeping a nice plank with your body. Alternate knees to elbow like you are climbing like Spidey! This canes your tummy!
Sprints again ...

SET 3 .. 10 reps of each exercise
Burpees .. You know the ones!
Squats .. Squatting down like you are about to sit on the couch .. Don't fall into the couch, use your muscles!
Sprints again!

Warm down and stretch!

What do you think of this workout? Are you going to give it a go?
Would you like me to post more workouts you can do at home?

Stay healthy and active Fit People!

3 comments:

Becoming Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will give it a try on the weekend and try not to die! Would definately love to see more work outs for at home. :)

I do have a question about berpies. I had heard that they were not the done thing anymore. Not sure why but just wondering your thoughts???

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Some great tips - yesterday while my daughter had her piano lesson I also did a workout at the park - a good use of waiting around time:)

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Becoming Nikki Nikki, I haven't heard anything about not doing burpees! Don't tell my clients!