What I ate Wednesday ...

Today is a public holiday here in Brisbane.  Bonus day off during the week!
It's a beautiful day too, so I decided that we needed to go for a family run!  Not everyone was as excited as I was ( read this as kids complained about it .. ) .. but there was no way they were getting out of it!


As much as the kids complained they still enjoyed it!  Mr FitMum decided to do a few hill sprints at the top of Spider Hill ... can you see how much Baxter loved this!




The council have been out doing some controlled burning in the bush the last few weeks and this is what we saw at the top ...


The rest of the day wasn't quite so active but that's OK to have a restful catch up mid week!

In keeping with our active morning, I decided to have some yummy salmon for dinner.  Salmon is popular in our house, but as it's a bit expensive we don't have it too regularly.  I served it tonight baked with a basil pesto crust and quinoa salad on the side. 


I'm still trialling quinoa and this is the first time I have made it up like cous cous.  It didn't look totally fabulous as I wasn't really sure what I wanted to add to it, but I made it on some chicken stock and then added some cherry tomatoes, shallots and parsley.  It didn't taste too bad for a first effort and Mr FitMum even said he liked it better than cous cous!
Oh yeah!  I may be on a winner here!  Even the kids didn't kick up too much fuss!  This one will definitely be used again!

Well, that's it for my mid week public holiday!  I'm going to have a sugar free hot chocolate to celebrate!

Did you see I started a FitMum page on Facebook?  Come and check it out and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll see what I can come up with!

Hope you have had a great day, where ever you are!









1 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It looks lovely - until you get to that burned-off bit. But guess it's a necessary evil!

I can eat quinoa (it's GF) but must confess I've never tried it!

Deb