No Junk July update ...


It's almost half way through July. And half way through the "No Junk July" challenge, so it's time for an update.

There have been moments that I have been happy about my actions in regard to the challenge over the last two weeks, and there have been moments when I haven't been so happy! 

Overall, I've been more mindful of the food choices that I've been making. In fact, I was very mindful as I whipped up the batch of mini chocolate cupcakes that I had been promising the kids for a few weeks. Oh, they had caramel icing too. Yes, I taste tested one, well two actually and a lick of the bowl, but that's it! I haven't had any more.
Other than the cupcakes and a two three Mai-Tai over the weekend, I am really back on track. I posted about that here just this week and how I do feel that planning and organisation is key when it comes to making the right choices with your food. 

I've even been doing quite well with the de-junk part of No Junk July too. Last week, I pulled out a huge pile of PJs that have been bunkering down in the walk-in robe for a few years. I seriously would have had enough PJs to last me a whole month without the need to wash! I no longer have that many ...  A huge bag of them has now found their way to the bin .. there was no way these were being recycled! 
While I was on a roll, I grabbed a few more things and bundled them up to send to Lifeline. 

Now that a few things have left my closet, that means that I can go and find something else to replace it, right? No, just joking! It will be nice to have some extra room! 

I'm wondering if I clean it out enough I will find this ...

Pinned Image


Last weekend was a HUGE de-junk .. we cleaned out the garage and managed to get rid of heaps of rubbish / junk that was just taking up space and gathering dust. It was a relief actually to finally clear some stuff out .. and the garage looks lovely and tidy now! I even have a renewed motivation for my garage workouts!

Have you been taking part in the "No Junk July" challenge? How have you been doing? It's now too late to join either!




4 comments:

Deb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I love the de-junking idea. It can be so freeing. Perhaps that should be my August challenge. A room-by-room ridding of excess baggage....

Deb

Liz@LastChanceTraining said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome Vicki - I've been doing so well on the decluttering side too. I did have a bowl of ice-cream yesterday but I'm blaming that one on TOM :)

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Deb I'm trying to do the room by room .. I'm a bit slow but getting there gradually!

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Liz@LastChanceTraining I'm sure your treat didn't do too much damage except make you feel good! I'm quite liking the decluttering Liz .. thanks for the idea! x