Fit Mum Update ...

It's been a long time since I posted anything.  I'm feeling a guilty too, that I have neglected something that I committed to myself that I would do on a regular basis.  I'm not going to dwell on it though ... I'm going to get on with it, and update on everything ( well not everything ) that has been happening.

The short version of what's been happening in Fit Mum's life ... Not much exciting!

Training update ...

I'm still keeping up regular exercise .. mostly because there's not much that will stop me, and also because I just don't feel right if I don't.
I'm not training 5 days a week like I was .. I've dropped back to 4 sessions a week.  They are not super intense by any means.  I've backed that off a bit too and I'm trying to find a balance between work, training, playing taxi for the kids and life.

Sugar Free Challenge Update ...

I am proud to say that we are still "relatively" sugar free in September.  Master 5 chose not to take part, however what he doesn't realise is that everything else he is consuming is a sugar free option ( sssshhh! don't tell him! ).
Mr Fit Mum has been "forced" to partake in birthday cake at work.  Of course, it would be rude not to ... 
Miss 9 is doing a great job sticking with her promise .. I am very proud!

We do have a confession.  We were invited to lunch at my sisters and she was unaware that we were having a sugar free September.  She made cheesecake .. I did partake of a small slice as I honestly felt really guilty if I didn't have a piece and I really did not want to explain to everyone why I wasn't eating it!  And it was 18 days into the challenge .. almost 3 weeks! 

In the last few weeks I have had some seriously weird comments and looks ... people, I am not a freak!  This is a choice I have made and it would do more people good to make the same choice!  *Sigh* rant complete ... 

Other than my above confession, I must say that I am quite happy with my efforts.  It really hasn't made too much of a difference to my regular diet.  The only thing that I have missed is the odd glass of wine and I wouldn't mind being able to choose if I want to have dessert.


Now that I feel a little less guilty having finally managed to post something, I'm going to push off ... I'm going for a run in the morning before finishing the laundry and then going out to lunch with friends!  

Talk soon 

Fit Mum x
  

  

0 comments: