Winding down for the weekend ...

I've finally made it to Saturday morning.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't been wishing the week away .. well, not really anyway.  It's just that I'm now on 6 weeks holidays!! I still don't think that it has sunk in, but I'm working on it.

This week has been exhausting.  As it was my last week of work, I've been madly trying to make sure that all my clients are set to train with other trainers while I'm away.  I certainly don't want them getting off track while I'm gone!

I've also been scrambling to get a lot of last minute errands sorted before we leave next week.  I'm not stressing at all ... and I did not have a panic attack on Tuesday morning thinking about everything I needed to get done.

On the exercise side of things, I've made sure that I have pretty much kept my usual routine.  I did cut out two runs this week.  I noticed on my Wednesday run that I was feeling really stiff and just not as comfortable as I normally feel.  My right hip in particular ached all week.  Don't tell anyone, but I haven't been stretching after my training.  

Instead of my normal runs, I instructed a boxing circuit on Tuesday night and on Friday I trained with my PT.  It appears she would like me to remember her for the next few weeks! 

Now, come this morning, I'm feeling a bit sore as well as stiff. 
I'm heading off to yoga in a little bit to see if I can stretch myself back to normal!

What are your plans for winding down after the week?  Do you train over the weekend, or is this your time to let your body catch up?

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Fit Mum x

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope the yoga helped! I had a good week of exercise - all five week days and normally I'd try to do something on the weekend (well... the me trying to lose weight does. The old me did SFA 7 days a week).

But I too have been pretty sore: the learn to run program is a bit tough on my knees - though they are fine; but my posture is 'out' on one of the tracks in my pump class so I've had an aching lower back all week. Then a hard circuit class on Friday meant that the only place I felt good was lying in bed... So, for me it was a weekend of rest.

I probably SHOULD have gone for a walk or something, but never mind. Monday tomorrow, which means Zumba and it all starts again. (Which is ok!)

Vicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Deb, you are on a roll!! Keep it up and it will get so much easier. Becareful pushing yourself with too much running, I don't want your knees sore when you come with me! And definitely watch your technique in pump.
I love what you are doing!
Vic x